Monday, March 25, 2013
Wanted: Recipes for Groundhog
In theory, Spring is upon us. That leaves us with some changes in the near future (and hopefully leaves us with leaves as well).
We've been getting the calendar ready and need to make a few notes:
1. NAUCC 2013. Mid-Atlantic riders, this is the closest NAUCC in many, many years. This is the first time it's ever been in PA. If you want to seize the opportunity, you MUST register. The Early Bird price is ONLY good until April 20th.
2. We will be ending our weekly indoor sessions at the YMCA for the season on April 27th (We'll resume in October). We will still be riding regularly, it will just be outside (hopefully the snow has melted by then). For an example of what the outdoor rides might look like, look at the pic at the top of Isaac and Steve.
3. We will be at the Carnegie Science Center on June 21st for part of the bicycle themed show. More details to follow, but it will be from 6-10 pm. Only riders over 21 years of age will be admitted as it is a 21 and over event.
4. We will be at the Carnegie Science center on July 6th for part of the bicycle themed show. This time we want ALL ages to show. More details will follow.
5. The Friday night Butler Bicycles and Unicycles rides are starting (weather permitting). If you want to uni, please let us know. If the wheel is smaller than a 36" we need to make accommodations to keep you from riding solo. It's not a problem, but we just need to know. Email us a few days in advance.
We've got other events on the calendar too, but these listed are the biggies for all of us. If you want to know of the others, please inquire at a Saturday practice at the Y from 4:30-6:30.
Oh yeah, we WILL be at the Y this Saturday even though it is a holiday weekend.